Hello and Thank You for visiting Utopian Hands Massage Therapy.
We have one location at this time in West Seattle to serve your needs.
Hello I am Tierza Clerc owner and massage therapist at Utopian Hands Massage Therapy. I have been doing massage therapy since 1998. Utopian Hands Massage Therapy has been in business since 1999 and located in West Seattle since 2001. I grew up giving and receiving massages with my grandmother as some of my earliest memories. I deeply believe that massage is a vital part of our human experience. I do not believe we get and give enough healthy touch in today’s society. I believe that part of my role as a massage therapist is to learn as much as I can about the human body and to share that with my clients. I love taking continuing education courses.
Here are some of the classes that I have taken and the year that I took the class:
- The most recent class and the one that has been the most eye opening and path forming class in my 15 years was attending the International Fascia Research Congress in March of 2012 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. During that Congress I also took an additional course on Advanced Manual Treatment of Post-Surgical Adhesions. This has given me a passion for helping people who have recently had surgery and all the complications even normal ones like scar tissue development and adhesions. It also gave me wonderful additional tools to add to my massage tool box and amazing current research to read.
- In 2011 I took the World Massage Conference course and took 10 classes some of them include: The Fascia Responds and Evaluating and Treating Upper Extremity Overuse Disorders. I also took A Brief Tour of Neurofascia and Neurofascial Release for Spine and Ribcage.
- In 2009 I took LomiLomi and Upper Body Advanced Orthopedic Massage.
- In 2008 I took Hot Stone Massage, Clinical Sports Massage for Ankle Sprains, and Body Mechanics for my own self care.
- In 2006 I took a class in Bangkok, Thailand at the Wat Po Medical School. It was for their traditional foot massage. I took Integrative Fascial Release Levels 1 and 2 from international instructor Steven Goldstein, I also re studied Structural Analysis and Myofascial Release from Hellerworker Maureen Warren.
- In 2005 I took the Myokinesthetic System from Michael Uriarte.
- In 2004 I took Advanced Medical Documentation.
- In 2002 I took Reflexology from the Seattle Reflexology Center.
I believe that massage is as important to our bodies as an oil change is to your car. Most people would never forget to change the oil in their car, but you can buy a new car- you cannot buy a new body (just pieces).
Have you changed your oil lately??